Sunday, January 15, 2012

Easy Chicken and Rice

Chicken and rice is one of my favorite comfort foods. Whenever I was sick, my mother would bring out the Campbell’s soup, the gold standard in “sick food.” But even when I was sick, canned soup just didn’t taste right. When I got into slow cooker cooking, I wondered if I could do any better. Turns out I can – and you can too with this really easy recipe.

Ingredients:

2-3 cans of chicken broth
2 cans cut carrots, drained
4 cups of instant rice
1 medium onion coarsely chopped (or two cups frozen chopped onions)
3 large boneless chicken breasts. I use boneless, skinless chicken breasts. I cube or rather chunk the raw chicken,

Combine everything in your slow cooker. (Make sure you have a good, reliable appliance. I like personally like the Rival brand.) Top off the crock with water. Salt & pepper to taste. Simmer until the chicken is thoroughly cooked. Let it simmer for about eight hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment