Sunday, February 19, 2012

Easy East Texas Jambalaya

With Mardi Gras just around the corner, I’m in the mood for something a little Cajun so I set out to create an easy slow cooker jambalaya. Authentic jambalaya takes forever to make, and you have to stand over it – something I’m not a fan of doing. And I’m not a big fan of mixing meats, chicken with seafood and sausage and whatever else Cajuns toss in. I set out to create a jambalaya that was easy and appeasing to my pallet. I ended up with easy Cajun dish slow cooker with a little bit of East Texas influence.

Ingredients:
4 cups brown rice
1 small bag of dry red or pinto
1 ring of smoked beef sausage. I’m using Hillshire’s all beef
1 can of plain diced tomatoes
1 bag of PictSweet's seasoning blend. It has onions, bell peppers and red peppers.
Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning

Mix everything in the slow cooker and season to taste with Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning, Cook on slow until the beans are soft, about seven or eight hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment