Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Chocolate Paradise





Earlier this year, my husband and I embarked on a low carb diet. Well more like a low simple sugar diet as I can’t completely give up veggies – or chocolate.

On one of my treks to the Georgia’s Farmers Market in Plano, I was accosted by a woman promising me a sweet chocolate delight that wouldn’t send my blood sugar into a tailspin. I was skeptical. Good-for-you, sugarless chocolate has a nasty, chemical after taste. But I was feeling adventurous, so I took her sample. Chocolate Paradise it was called and Chocolate Paradise it is!

Thick and creamy, the first nibble was delicious. I waited for the aftertaste – but it didn’t come. Just delicious chocolate goodness. Suspiciously, I questioned the woman about the ingredients and she assured me that there was no corn syrup and the only sugar was in the vanilla extract. I could live with that.

At home, I’ve served the paste on top of ice cream and I’ve mixed it with peanut butter for to create a homemade chocolate peanut butter cup. John eats it straight from the jar.

At almost $14 a jar, it’s a little pricey, but if you need a healthy chocolate fix, this is the way to go. Unforunately, I haven’t been able to find a website for Bari’s Creations which makes Chocolate Paradise, but it’s always in stock at Georgia’s.


No comments:

Post a Comment